Tuesday, April 2, 2013

From dad: 04/02/2013


Wow, if I felt bad about skipping two months before, imagine how I feel now; half a year has gone by.  So let's see... sometime in the last 7 months I started taking more showers with you.  You really hated them in general, which is why we gave you bathes mainly.  It primarily had to do with you not liking water splashing in your face, and admittedly it's usually not a pleasant feeling in general, especially when it's just little sprinkles hitting your face.  The shower in your mom and my bathroom is a bit shorter than a typical tub and the shower head doesn't face straight down, so there wasn't really much room for you to stand somewhere and not get splashed.  But, I started putting you in the corner, sitting down with you and taking the shower head off.  I can't really tell if you like showers or bath more; I'll usually ask, as with most questions, you either just say yes (so you're not telling me which one of the choices you want), or you agree to the first choice I present... or you shrug your shoulders and say you don't know.

You're pretty good at pointing out most body parts, hair, ears (which you love it when I do monkey face), nose, eyes, mouth, neck, and feet.  You're OK with knees, elbows, and shoulders.  You don't seem to be getting chest too well, but you love to point it out once I remind you.  When it gets time to get out of the shower, I ask you if we're done or if you want to "cuddle" and you almost always say cuddle (this is a pretty clear answer as you point to my shoulder and you give that answer whether I present it as an option first or second); that is you like lay your head on my shoulder while I hold you and let the warm/hot water run down your back.

You're great at saying "bye" although your mom says you say it all Southern like "ba' ".  You sometimes say "hi" (again more like "ha").  You love to wave at me when I get out of the car and go to get you out of the seat; you prefer to get out of the seat and out of the car on your own, but you haven't really mastered getting in your seat yet, let alone getting buckled, although you try sometimes.  You're pretty good with "ball".  There are a lot of words you don't really use yet, and for some reason you've kind of dropped out with the sign language, so since you're not really talking too much, we're trying to get you signing more.  We can look at pictures and you'll usually give the sign to something you know the sign to.  You can say "down" pretty well. You seem to like B and D words.

At church there's a "new" girl who's about a month younger than you, her name is Mikayla (though that's probably not how it's spelled); you two usually like to play together when you see each other at church.  The other day your step-second-cousin, Dakota, visited.  He's almost 2 years older than you, but apparently you two had a good time.

You LOVE to make anything a guitar.  Anytime there's music on TV, you run and either grab the guitar Caleb gave you or your toy electronic one and just strum.  You don't always hold either one right, and you don't always strum with the correct hand, but you always rock out regardless.



















No comments:

Post a Comment